Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yoga

I love Yoga. There are so many different types. I like the yoga that strives to connect the spiritual with the physical through mediation, deep breathing, and poses. Yesterday I had a yoga class at the Y. The yoga they have there comes from the tradition of using the physical poses without the connection to the spiritual. That yoga becomes more of an exercise class. Many people like this, but I prefer the more spiritual practice. However, yesterday she led a really tough workout. I am sore... yes, from yoga.

I'm even on a new schedule on Saturdays when I normally do the shopping, etc. Yesterday I added back a couple piano lessons before my shopping, so I ended getting back around 5:30, later than I had been doing in the summer. I guess it's worth it to add the yoga class in there. I had been doing yoga on Fridays. I am going to try to get a blog in there somewhere. I didn't get it in yesterday.

We had salads for dinner. Sometimes we do that. We had a fruit tart dessert, very refreshing. Dorothy Lane Market made it. Today I'm making swordfish. It looked really good yesterday and was on special. I'm going to try to make it to the pool today. This is the second to last weekend and it's certainly warm enough. We need rain desperately. Everything is very dry.

I hope you're having a good weekend,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

My Grandaughters both love to eat Yoga for breakfast...the get it in different flavors, even frozen in a long slender plastic tube so they can squeeze it out....I never cared for the stuff myself.

I think you must enjoy PAIN. After a week of teaching, why, on God's Green Earth would you ruin a perfectly good Saturday teaching 2 Piano Lessons...AARGH...I worry about you.

This could be the week...NO...THIS WILL BE THE WEEK....when I reach 50 Pounds lost...stay tuned
PS
You are forgiven of your foolhardy Piano Teaching Folly, because of the swordfish.

Sue Saari said...

I think I'll set off a couple fireworks here when I hear you got to 50! Woo-hoo!