Have you ever heard of this? There are three types: tomato based, broth type, and yogurt based. It's designed to be something you can make that tastes good where you don't have to use the stove or oven. You probably have heard of gazpacho. That one is tomato based and the one everybody knows. It is cold soup. You use your blender and basically throw stuff in there until you get a good combination. The yogurt one is creamy, the others are more soupy.
We have been having smoothies for breakfast a couple days a week. This is the same concept, only with yogurt and fruit. Throw in various combinations of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, melon, or whatever you have fresh. Be sure to add a banana. Put in a cup of yogurt per person. Use the Greek kind for more protein. I usually use half Greek and half regular. I put in a little vanilla and maybe a teaspoon honey. Blend and add 6-8 ice cubes to make it really cold. Yum! This is for two. You each get a glass and a half of smoothie. It's filling and lasts a couple hours until you're hungry. Good low fat breakfast.
Tell me if you try the blender soup. I think I'm going to try it to use up some vegies we have that I don't want to go bad.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment