This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how to grow David Austin roses? I planted nine last year and none of them thrived. Some died. Usually I do well with most plants.
OK, now for food. We tried another Wendy's salad today. Their salads sure have improved. This one was pretty good. I'm making Lemon Chicken tonight. This recipe reminds of me of Deborah (on Raymond) who supposedly couldn't cook. She made Lemon Chicken that was good and everybody was surprised. Marie (Raymond's mother on the show) was always putting Deborah's housekeeping down. It was a funny show, still is in reruns. We'll see how this recipe is.
I'm still digesting Frozen Assets. So far it looks like she uses very pared down recipes, kind of the food you can get at restaurants, only she makes. It's kind of plain food with not too many ingredients. I guess that's the secret, very simple recipes that you make in multiple servings, freezing to eat that meal again in a few days.
It's hot, hot, hot here and dry, dry, dry.
Keep on cooking healthy meals,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you were more than slightly off topic.David Rose (June 15, 1910 – August 23, 1990) was a British-born American songwriter, composer, arranger, pianist, and orchestra leader. His most famous compositions were "The Stripper", "Holiday for Strings", and "Calypso Melody". He also wrote music for the television series Little House on the Prairie and Bonanza. In addition, Rose was musical director for the Red Skelton show during its 21-year-run on the CBS and NBC networks. He was a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the national fraternity for men in music...
as for Lemon Chicken...it will NEVER take the place of a nice steak.
It turns out that I ended up making stuffed chicken breasts. They were awfully good, possibly the hit of all my cooking efforts this summer. This recipe is a lower fat version of Cordon Bleu. Yum!
I know what I'd serve if you came to dinner, Ron. I'd serve Bi Bim Bop, a Korean speciality, since I know how much you LOVE Asian food of all kinds! I have a cool recipe for it. Hee, hee!
Post a Comment