Today I go to the memorial service for a colleague, Melanie DeBord, from Donovan School. She died over the weekend of cancer. The memorial takes place at 2 pm with a reception to follow. Everything else pales compared with your health. Cancer is a horrible enemy, one that has now taken my mother, my good friend Fran, and many other special people. Melanie was a good person, a dedicated teacher, the mother of two sons. Many people will miss her. Bob has a dental procedure today, so I'll go by myself. I didn't really know her that well, but I pray that she now is at peace joined with her creator.
It is too warm to be outside today. I just got back from walking Essi, and I was wringing wet. Too bad all the moisture in the air as humidity can't fall to the ground to water the plants. They are all desperate.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cancer is mean, rotten, nasty and I have lost loved ones to it, RSG fought it and won (so far)and should be one of our highest medical cure priorities.
I do not like the hot weather, and am so thankful to be able to exercise in an air conditioned environment.
I am halfway through a book I just purchased dealing with self-discipline (willpower)
Easy to understand, easy to agree with, still difficult to do. I will be writing tidbits from this book in the coming days.
Good! I would like to hear the tidbits. Yes, I know that more people are fighting and winning now than in the past. They are getting better with treatment, but I want a cure to that evil disease! We are both cheering RSG on!!
Post a Comment