This doesn't work. My mother used to bug me (nag me) about loosing weight. "Honey, it just breaks my heart... " blah, blah, blah. This doesn't work. Nobody else can do it. YOU have to decide to loose weight and decide to do it. Nobody else can do it for you. It's YOU that puts the food into your mouth. I know with me that if I want to eat, I'm going to eat, and nobody can stop me. But it's also the same thing in that if I don't want to eat, nobody's going to make me eat it. I'm one stubborn woman! I think one needs this to get healthy with all the temptations floating around.
Now I'm going to walk Essi and it's a lovely morning!
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really goes deeper than that. Until the commitment comes from the "inside" which is to say, that losing weight is a bigger priority in each hour of each day, than any food that I might want. Nobody can make that commitment for you, but until it is with a laser beam of determination, it is just another New years Resolution that lasts about 2 weeks.
This is a change of lifestyle: food choice, portion control, exercise all works together to become a healthy lifestyle. Further, as you dig deep to do this, taking on other projects that require commitments, and self control, should be avoided. there can be enough self control demands to totally derail a good start.
I believe that you are "on the program". Now, is the tough work to be done which requires patience, persistence, and perspiration.
(ME TOO)
Hugs,
Gardini
Post a Comment