Friday, August 27, 2010

Good News

Well, it was a rough first day of school, but today went better. And, I managed to loose .6 pound in spite of new schedule, rising early to work out, and extra stress! It's not much, but it is definitely in the right direction.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. My air machine is working great. It makes these little cracks when a bigger particle is zapped. I just told the kids that the "bad" stuff in the air is being filtered out.

I had several cute comments. One third grader raised his hand and said, "aren't trailers supposed to be houses?" That still doesn't beat the all time best kid comment about my trailer classroom. He came in and asked "where's the bedroom?" Bob loved that one. We still laugh about it. Another kid today asked why I teach music. I told him it's because I love music and love kids.

And so we made it through the first week. Happy weekend,
Sue

3 comments:

Gardini said...

I taught music because I learned to enjoy
PAIN!!!!
Will update after weigh in tomorrow.

Gardini said...

UPDATE: Lost 2 Pounds this week...total since January 2009...49 Pounds. 50 seems to be an elusive benchmark, I was hoping to hit it this week. I have good momentum, and self-discipline working for me...I hope that next week I will be able to report, that I am halfway home.
Toodles,

Sue Saari said...

Yee-haa!!! Congratulations on the great loss. Wow, 49 pounds. I wish I were there. OK... one step at a time. Keep up the great work!