I just got a new book called "Frozen Assets." It's about cooking ahead, cooking several meals of the same kind, and freezing some. She encourages you to cook one day a month and have main course meals ready for the rest of the month. Her cooking day lasts 6 hours, but you have food for an entire month. It's an interesting concept. I think I might try it for two weeks worth of meals. Basically it means that you cook 8 servings instead of 2 and freeze the other 6. She is also into saving money by buying in bulk. It's interesting. I was worried about the dinners once I go back to teaching. Bob was basically cooking during the week last year, and this year I don't think he's going to be able to do this. It's too expensive to eat out, plus you usually eat the wrong things and eat too much too.
I'm going to start on a small scale and maybe cook double servings of some recipes and freeze the additional servings. I'll let you know how it goes.
Bob has been complaining that he hasn't been loosing on this Mediterranean plan (eatingwell.com). I have been loosing. I think the problem is that the food is so good that he goes in and has second helpings. This is why he's not loosing. The portions you eat do make a difference. The breakfasts are less than we have been eating. Also I will only cook twice a day (breakfast and dinner) - I figure that's enough. So we usually pick up lunch somewhere. Have you tried the Subway 6" sandwiches? We get a foot long and share it. It only costs a dollar. Cheapest lunch around and good for diet.
We're headed for another week of nineties. This is tough for the plants since there has been no rain.
Have a good Monday,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yesh, another error. A Subway foot long cost $5, not $1.
This week I have to atone for my past weeks dietary indescretions. I started the day doing 3 rounfs of 15 reps and 2 miles on stationary bike and 2 laps around the track.
Taco soup for supper.
Stay Tuned !!!
Post a Comment