Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To the Mountain Top

I did an extra cycle spin workout this morning because I was so encouraged by the scale. I snuck onto the scale to check and I am in new numbers. You WWers know what that means! I am almost down my pound and it's only five days! I was so psyched that I rushed to the Y and did an extra workout. Bob says when he has a good weigh-in, then he tends to let down a bit and overeat. With me it's the opposite. When I have a good weigh-in, it get me excited to do even better.

I have lost weight many times before. I mean substantial amounts of weight. The first 10 pounds are the hardest because you are working so hard and you haven't seen the benefits yet. After you get 10 off, then the next 10 you start to get on more of a roll. At least I do. I learn what to do. I am making the correct choices most of the time. I am starting to feel better or notice the difference. I hold weight so solidly that it takes quite a bit of loss before there is much of a difference that other people can tell. But I can tell myself. I notice a difference around my waist - just a bit of a difference. I notice a bit easier time being on my feet.

I am starting my preparations for school. Today I meet with a mentor who is going to help me put together my classroom management plan for this year. The goal is to have a system that will help me cope better with 10 classes per day, schedule that would probably challenge Hercules in endurance. I am going to revamp my own system and combine her ideas into it to make a better system. That way I have something left at the end of the day.

I am determined that this year is going to be one of my best years ever! You know what they say, that you can't appreciate the mountain top until you've passed through the valley. I'm heading to the mountain top this year after the deep deep valley of last year. Keep with me, everybody.

Wish me luck,
Sue

1 comment:

Bob said...

Way to go Sue! Keep up the good work! Bob