Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sometimes the Scale Does Not Reward

Sometimes you can do everything right and the scale does not reward you. Case in point: this week. I worked out hard, I cooked healthy food, I ate correct portions. I did everything right, but the scale did not reward me. I was really irritated when I weighed myself. I try instead, to look at the long term and how much better I feel. I will focus on keeping the course and next week the scale will reflect my hard work. The pound that I really lost this week will come off next week (I hope).


Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

Welcome, my dear, to the "notsofun" world of weight loss. You are experiencing a "plateau" of sorts. What is happening, is that your body is adjusting. I would guess that if you check, you will lose perhaps an inch or so around the waste.
I had a 5 week plateau, and one day I checked and had lost 2 inches around the waste. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED !!!
As for me, I just finished the worst week that I can remember. No matter what I did, I was hungry. So, I did something radical. I ate a few things that I hadn't been eating. I had onesmall order of french fries, a T ombstone pizza, and a Hershey bar, over a period of 3 days. I am not sure that it helped, but it got me past the "I can't have it, and I am hungry,damn it" feeling. I also took a day off from going to the gym.
Now, I am ready to atone for my weakness.Even though it wasn't worth it, I had to break the cycle of being hungry all the time.
Now, I am back and have some ground to make up. But, I had to realize, I am not on a diet. This is a lifestyle change that is permanent. So, if I need a 2 day break to keep going, that is a whole lot different than 2 months or 2 years of ignoring the right way to eat. It may be rationalizing, but I feel ready to continue....
Until Next Time

Sue Saari said...

I feel exactly the same way: it's a lifestyle change, not a diet! I am very proud of you. Everybody messes up once in a while. That's part of life. I'm glad you are back with it. And I'm glad you're back blogging too.