We had a nice little gathering last night. I made some appetizers from Ina's Back to Basics cookbook. It was a good mix of people and it was fun hearing about Germany and German travels. We haven't really spent too much time in Germany. On the Baldwin trip we took that cruise on the Danube and saw a bit of country from the boat. And we explored Austria a bit going to Vienna and Salzburg. It is always fun listening to people talk about what they love. Otto didn't like the party much though, because his normal routine was disrupted. At one point he got himself stuck in the bedroom between a night-table and the wall. We heard this awful yelping. I rushed in and rescued him. He was fine though. He sure lets us know when there is something he doesn't like! All in all, a good time was had by all.
Now to yoga,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
By the way, the food was a hit with all the adults. As for the kids, well... it was their loss. I did not eat much and just enjoyed all the conversation!
Congratulations....will power is tough. Today I weighed in at WW. This week I lost 6 pounds...for which I am thankful. Bear in mind that in the preceeding 2 weeks I had gained 5 pounds. So, for the next 2 weeks I am staying strictly to my "emergency program" and will try to lose 5 more.
I discovered, that weighing every day at the gym, while not 100% accurate, keeps me motivated. If 2 days in a row I weigh the same, I am very structured as to what and how much I eat the next day. It is a running benchmark although some variation is expected due to slow metabolism or fluid retention. It does keep me honest and prevents straying from what I know works.
I hope by next Saturday to lose at least 2 more pounds.....stay tuned.
Good job, Ron! You have gotten back on track!
My goal for me is to loose one pound a week. It would make me nervous to loose more than that. Slow and steady, like the tortoise we were talking about - that's me. NOW the challenge will be keeping this up in my school schedule. I am very determined, but feeling a bit apprehensive.
Post a Comment