What is it about Italian food that's so great? I know few people that don't like it. Real Italians aren't overweight either, although some American Italians are. Italians eat pasta every day. When I was an exchange student, my Italian mother cooked a wonderful tomato sauce every day with some sort of pasta, not from a box or jar either. She got the pasta from a pasta maker down the street or made her own. Most Italians eat the larger meal at noon, then rest a couple hours, then go back to work. In the evening they have a light supper. They don't eat a large breakfast with eggs and such either. They have a capuccino (only in the morning) with some bread and maybe some soft cheese in these little packages. I remember my first expresso. WOW! I hadn't even tried coffee. I hadn't tried olives either. I remember a salad that Mamma Oliva fixed with slightly green tomatoes and olive oil. It was wonderful. I think that the was last time in my life that I got to eat whatever I wanted. I was 16. Since then, it's been trying to change my diet, eat less, etc.
Manga,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We like Olive Garden alot....but not frequently...I like Pizza....alot.....but hardly ever...I love Lasagna...alot...but not any more....
did I mention Chicken and Pork?
Well, even though "there is no Finish line " ...there is a "Goal" post and I am still on the 50 Yard line...
Yes, so true. I would very much like to be on the 50 yard line. I'm on the 10. But I guess that's better than the 1.
10% is excellent and 9% better than 1 % but my 50 may be your 10....I had a lot more to lose to begin than you did...and the real deal is being a cheerleader for 1 or 10 or 20 or whatever the case may be...every single damn pound lost is another victory...enough victories win wars...and as they say.."war is hell" so is keeping it off...
Post a Comment