Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Which Plan Works for What Body Types

Some eating plans work better for some people than others. (Quotation from November MORE magazine)

"Those with big bellies do well on a low-carb low-glycemic diet. This kind emphasizes meat and dairy products which generally produce small fluctuations in blood glucose and insulin, as well as carbohydrates that contain a lot of fiber, such as bran cereals. On the other hand, people with big butts tend to do better with low-fat, high-carb diets - eating plans that often center on vegies and grains while minimizing read meat. And those who are large all over seem to do well with a Mediterranean diet - one that is rich in fruits and vegies, whole grains, nuts and seeds, legumes and healthy fats like olive oil."

I fit into the Mediterranean style the best I think. At least it seems like I have had the best success yet with the least hungry times.

Food for thought, so to speak,
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

Eat Less Exercise More is the remedy.
Easier said than done is the truth.
Each day I am doing a teensie weensie bit better. This is a journey, not a destination. It is OK to smell the coffee along the way, even to drink some, just don't eat the Scones....(This month they have pumpkin Scones at Starbucks) That was a slight detour that I took along life's path.

Sue Saari said...

Uh... I took a detour last night when I stopped at the new cupcake bakery and brought home a couple. Wow, were they ever good. Bad girl!