Friday, October 15, 2010

Fun

An absolute requirement for health is to have fun. You can keep on a grind for a while, but it does not feed you. I really had fun with my classes today. I taught them a dance that I made up to Ghost Busters. Another music teacher gave me the idea to dance to it. The kids liked it so much, that they wanted to "do it again." It was neat to see them enjoying themselves. I was too, enjoying myself, that is. We are having Tall Tales in the fourth grade where we're sharing tales. We will pick the best of them and make a mini musical out of them, one for each class. Some are amazing story tellers. They have much to tell already at 10 and 11. I am encouraging them to use their imaginations, I am happy to see that for the most part they are able to do this. I had a nice lunch with my husband too.

Have a fun weekend,
Sue

3 comments:

Sue Saari said...

oh yes... I did not get my lb this week. I will get it next week. I have to make a few minor adjustments.

GARDINI said...

Well, kiddo,you are not alone...This week presented some unique "opportunities" including Car Problems, answering an IRS inquiry to my 2006 5500 form, meeting with accountant, 2 choir rehearsals, generating materials for my brother's 50th Wedding Anniversary, daily trips to the gym to name a few. By Friday I was more tired than usual, and I KNEW that my trip to the scales would be a disaster...so I did the right thing and slept in this morning, and did NOT attend Weight Watchers Weigh In. I also know that twice this week I slipped off the program. SO, I figure that week is behind me, and starting today, it is back to the grind, including Steel Cut Oatmeal for breakfast instead of Waffle House (My Saturday Reward for losing)
I agree about having FUN...and I do try to accomplish that along the way...so, my Weight Loss Buddy, let's have a great new week....no detours...no excuses...let's go for 2 pounds this week..OK? (I will be checking on you)

Sue Saari said...

Guess what? I got Steel Cut Oatmeal today. We'll have some for breakfast tomorrow! Yes, let's go for it.