Monday, October 25, 2010

Frost on the Pumpkind

Little Orphan Annie's come to our house to stay...
and sweep and brush the crumbs away...
The frost is on the pumpkin
and the wind goes Woo-woo...
And the goblins will get YOU if you don't watch out.
-James Whitcomb Riley (or at least what I remember from one of his poems from my childhood. I always get his book of poems out this time of year. They are in dialect and probably not politically correct these days, but I remember them affectionately)

Tomorrow, we'll have the wind and the rain. Then Thursday we'll have the frost on the pumpkin.

Nice meeting with my nutritionist, the guru of healthy living. I'm making progress along the path of getting healthy. It's an attitude adjustment for sure with a lot of other choices, a shift in thinking.

Fun with the kids today with my Halloween lessons, More tomorrow.

I love Halloween,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

Teeth are clean...xrays and exams showed no problems....I finally conquered my fear of going to the Dentist. I always enjoyed Charlie Brown talking about the Great Pumpkin etc he had a good slant on Halloween. Did some better today on diet...but I am always hungry...wish that would go away.

Sue Saari said...

I don't like to feel hungry either. I think I might have eaten too much today, Stressful day, but that's no excuse.