My Dad sent me an interesting article from his paper about a new book about how people eat. Not surprisingly, the wealthier the society, the lousier their diet. The wealthier countries (like us) consume more sugar, refined flour, and LOTS more processed food. These have higher calories for the buck, but they are not good calories. Diets high in unrefined grains are better for you. They seemed to be making the point that skinnier people are healthier - I mean VERY THIN. Personally, I have no desire to be super thin or to have the kind of life style you have to have to be super thin, as in eat very very fun calories. I want to be healthy and more thin. But I want to enjoy life and eat and enjoy food. What good is an extra year of life at 88 if you have to starve when you're 20-88 to get it?
Comments?
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It all seems to come back to high fiber, no sugar,no flour....NO FUN !!! The other day at the Gym, on the back of a man's Tee Shirt was the Following:
"There is no finish line".
With that in mind, I have decided that at least 5 and 1/2 days out of 7 will be no sugar no flour the other day and 1/2 will be for alternatives without going crazy...will still stay away from sweets and the usual stuff that I would love to have...but a little more tolerant on a few things that I would enjoy....after all...There is no finish Line..
"weight loss is like a gerbil on a wheel" Gardini
Post a Comment