Monday, October 11, 2010

Coyotes Closeby

This morning I was backing up to go to the Y for my exercise at about 5:45 (about 2 hours before dawn now) and realized I forgot my book. I turned off my car, opened the door to go back inside and heard, believe it or not, the sound of coyotes howling and yipping, and not far away either. We live IN TOWN, not out in the country. It was really weird to hear them. I think they are coming in because it's been so dry and probably they can't find anything to eat out in the country. Weird, though. They don't seem to be too scared of being close to humans. I know people in this neighborhood with small dogs. I've heard of small dogs being carried off by coyotes. Eek!

Same routine today. It's not quite so difficult to get up. My feet are feeling much better, halleluia. We watched a really good show called Michael Steinberg's American Song Book. Really interesting.

Got to get some rest.
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

HMMM I am confused...I had always understood that the definition of a coyote was: "When you wake up in the morning and see who is in the bed with you, that you would rather chew off your arm before taking a chance on waking her up." and then, I thought it was an older woman going after a younger man.
but howling and yipping, and carrting off dogs...are you certain this is not some pre-halloween celebration?

Sue Saari said...

Weird, eh? Yes, very Halloween. Good one.