OK, we tried it this morning. Bob says he now knows what gruel tastes like (hee, hee). It took a very long time to make. I followed directions. It said for 2 servings, take 3 cups water/milk (I used 1 cup milk and 2 cups water), bring to simmer and add 1/2 cup oats. It simmered away for 45 minutes and still was kind of runny. I wonder if there's a secret to cooking them? The taste was good, but we added maple syrup (me) and brown sugar (Bob). I am not all that fond of regular oatmeal, but will eat it sometimes. This was soupier.
I'm going for a walk now. It's a nice day.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Use 2 cups of water no milk... should take about 25 minutes to cook..sprinkle cinnamon on top add some raisins.... then add a little skim milk on top....we make triple batches and keep in the refigerator...2 minutes in the microwave and you are set
OK, I'll try again. But I'll have to make it ahead of time. I don't have that kind of time to prepare breakfast. See next posting!!!
Post a Comment