Halloween is always a real challenge for me. I love dressing up, telling tales, and eating candy. I remember when I was a freshman in college a guy that I was dating gave me a whole package of mini Reeses Buttercups for Halloween. I ate almost every one and thought that was about the best present ever. They were my favorite and still are. Of course, this is something I cannot have around because I cannot control how many I eat. Reeses also have special meaning because my mother used to buy them for herself as a special treat when I was a little girl. She would hide them. I never saw her eat them. She thought I saw nothing, but I did see her buy them, but never eat them. When I finally got one myself I could see why she liked them so much. What's not to like - peanut butter and chocolate? Nothing better. Yum.
My best costume was when i went to a party dressed as Charley Chapman. I used no make-up, just Bob's tux and my Grandfather's Boller hat that covered my entire head and hair (I put my hair up underneath the hat). I drew on a small mustache on my upper lip and said nothing at the party. Yes, I know, hard to believe. But it was so fun. Nobody knew who I was.
My nutritionist advised that if you have to have something sweet like that, to get M&Ms peanut style. She says the peanut slows down the digestion of the sugar. I don't know if I truly buy this one, but I find I can control how many of these I eat. I guess it's because I don't like them as much. I can have a couple and be satisfied. Tomorrow I must buy some candy to give the kids for trick or treat night. So the challenge looms.
Happy Halloween,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK here's the deal.....October was a one month detour for which I am greatly pained...not good. SOOOOOO....starting starting today I will become annoyingly strict with my intake of food. I must lose 10 pounds in November...that is my GOAL = 2.5 pounds per week or .035 per day. While that doesn't sound like much, because I seem to always be a bit hungry, time to suck it up and JUST DO IT...feel free to check on me any time for updates....this loss is a must do.
Me too, that is get back with it!
Post a Comment