It's very peaceful here in our backyard. I am sitting on our screened in porch watching the birdbath show. There are 11 birds on the birdbath drinking or bathing. I just filled it up. Since it is so dry this is the only place where there is water they can use. They are all enjoying it together. One has to chuckle. I've never seen six taking a bath at the same time. I guess English sparrows aren't plentiful for nothing.
I finished my big book today. It was really good. I always feel a little sad when I finish a really great book. I don't want it to end. This one was Diana Gabaldon's latest and weighed in at about 1000 pages. I enjoyed every page of it too. This is the seventh book in a series about Jamie, Claire, Brianna, Roger, Ian, William, and Lord John. Those are the main characters, but there are many many others. I had the privilege of hearing the author speak once when she came to a bookstore in Dayton. It was fascinating to hear her talk about how she writes and hear her answer questions from the crowd that were there. I went with a friend who also is a fan. When I finished the book today, I called that friend on the phone. She lives in Oregon now. She moved out there to be near her kids and grandkids. She's originally from around here. I really miss her.
Our neighbors were having a wing ding last night that didn't quiet down until midnight. They kept me up, so we slept in. Tomorrow will be a shock to get up at 5:30 to workout. I wanted to go ride the bike today, but the Y was closed. So I played in the yard instead. I was trying to plant some mums and it was like trying to dig through bricks, the soil is so dry. I had to water a mud hole and then dig a place for the plant.
Happy Labor Day,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not much to report...RSG had to work today...however she gave me 2 $25 gift cards to Starbucks...I love their Pike Place blend (she says it tastes like burnt rope) So I picked my daughter up at the Airport, took her home then made straight away for Starbucks, got my caffeine fix and home....
tried to look into neighbors bathroom window to see if all 4 of them were taking a bath...no luck...a pigeon annointed the lens of my binoculars...serves me right !!!!
OK, Peep, does serve you right.
Post a Comment