We had bacon for breakfast this morning. Did it ever taste good. We hadn't had it in quite a while. My favorite breakfast of all time is blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, soft scrambled eggs, and crisp bacon with fruit and good coffee. Yum yum. This breakfast has too many calories to have often, so it's only for a special treat.
I went to a fabulous daylong series of workshops yesterday at Miami University at Oxford, about an hour away from here. It was an Orff workshop with lots of participation. I was tired when I got home. I watched one of my favorite movies, Julia and Julie, based on a true story about a young woman cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook AND Julia Child's story of when she wrote the cookbook and got it published. It is a feel good movie all the way. It was also my inspiration for starting this blog (Julie starts a blog about her experience). Meryl Streep channels Julia Child. Wonderful movie. I like it so much I've watched it at least half a dozen times.
Still no rain. All plants including trees, bushes, and perennials are really suffering. It makes me feel bad. It will be interesting to see what comes back. I am betting we loose quite a few plants. It's time for dormancy now and will be difficult for the plants to take up water now even if we do get some rain. To my memory we have never in my lifetime had a summer such as this where we got absolutely no rain for three solid months.
Hope your Sunday is going well,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sunday was busy, I played 2 church services, a funeral and a 2 hour choir rehearsal.
Today, I met with the nutritionist at Universal (Gym) After evaluating my situation, she pointed out that one of my medivations works against weight loss....her suggestion...was to increase activity, particularly walking. So the good news, is that when I eat like am supposed to, I am doing good. the bad news, is I have to spend more time exercising...UGH!!!
Post a Comment