Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Recipes

Last week we have been eating the frozen meals that I made a couple weeks ago. They all turned out very well, except the lazy lasagna. It apparently was a little too lazy and came out more like soup. It tasted good though. Next time I will use different cheeses and thicker tomato sauce. Sometimes you have to tweak recipes to get them right. The Eatingwell.com recipes have all turned out well. We're trying another new one tonight called Cuban-Style Pork and Rice. I'm making Peach Crisp for dessert. I use a recipe that calls for oatmeal (steel cut - hee, hee) on top with some sugar. It's really good. I tried it earlier in the summer. This is an Ina Garten recipe. She is the Barefoot Contessa and has a TV show. I think I've mentioned her before and about how I love to watch her cook. I think I've learned a lot about flavor listening to her show. She also has taught me a lot about using herbs to make food more flavorful.

Now I'm going outside to play in the dry dirt a bit. I got some mums to put in if I can manage to dig a hole.

No school tomorrow because of Labor Day. Nice!
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

I have strayed from weight watchers until Tuesday night...I have been stuck at the same weight eating steel cut oatmeal for breakfast, meat, baked potato vehetable for dinner, taco soup for lunch....I have gone to a meat and salad for lunch, turkey bacon and scrambled egg beaters for breakfast, and something light for dinner such as raisin bran withh skim milk...this is very short term...but it did break the plateau and I crossed onto lost 50 pounds land. I would really like to lose 2 more by wednesday morning which is my quarterly Dr appointment.
Stay tuned.

Sue Saari said...

You're like Bob. He could eat the same thing every day. I like variety. Cereal for dinner? Only in emergencies.