I fixed salmon, mashed potatoes, salad, and apple crisp for dinner. It was good! I served one serving only. That's a change. No seconds. The crisp was especially good. I used local macintosh apples with lemon peel and lemon juice, some sugar, vanilla. The topping I had left over from last week's peach crisp. I made the crisp topping, used only half, and had enough for the apples this week. The topping had the oatmeal and walnuts in it. Yum.
I was thinking about 9/11 yesterday, just remembering. The day is crystal clear in my memory. I guess it is in everybody's. It was a crystal clear Tuesday that day too.
I did some weeding today. It is so dry that even the weeds are suffering. Now that's saying something. We didn't get any rain yesterday despite the prediction of 60 percent chance. It was a gorgeous day today. We walked Essi, then I had a makeup piano lesson. Then Bob helped me by bringing my weeds to the compost pile. He also cut up some kindling for the someday fires in the fireplace. It has to get cooler sometime. He turned the compost pile. Yeah! It was a nice day for working outside. Enjoyable, except for my feet which were hurting. I have a new spot on the bottom of my left foot that's bothering me, as in bone spur issue. I hope it goes away. I think this particular pain will. My cold is almost gone.
Tomorrow and Tuesday are my hardest days. I'm going to hand out recorders. So wish me luck,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment