Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lunch that Works for Me

Well, the hardest two are done. Not the rest of the week is easy, mind you. I've done two early morning workouts too and will workout tomorrow and Thursday. We had one of my frozen meals this evening. It was the chile. Not bad. Chile always tastes better the more you cook it.

For lunch I have been having the Kroger small salads that come with everything, even some dressing. The greens are mostly romaine and come with various things to put on top, like a bit of chicken, cheese, or chopped up vegies. They are pretty good, about 300 calories. I always bring some other vegies to have with it, like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, or squash, for example. I also have a few pretzels or whole grain chips with a couple nuts and a fruit. I usually walk down to the cafeteria and get a milk. This lunch holds me pretty well. I also put my feet up on my desk for about 20 minutes. This really helps me get through the afternoon.

Afternoon snack is an apple and a piece of string cheese, at least since school started. I don't usually want it, but feel drained at the end of the day. Water and this snacks helps revive me. Although on Mondays and Tuesdays, I am pretty much done for the day. On Tuesday I have a couple piano lessons too.

Cheers to the middle of the week,
Sue

1 comment:

Gardini said...

I wondered if you had "Blogged Out" glad you wrote. Nothing new here; did 5 miles on stationary bike today and continue my Gym routine 6 days a week.

Friday will be here before you know it....
Any Diggeri will doo