Sometimes you work so hard toward something and the steps are so small that it's difficult to see the progress. Today a staff member said to me, "it looks like you're thinner." Halleluia, someone noticed. She is also someone who has struggled and continues to work at keeping the weight off. She told me she had an operation about 4 years ago. She lost the weight, but then started to gain it back even with her smaller stomach. That goes to show you that one must change habits to KEEP the weight off, no matter how one looses it. I keep repeating the mantra, small changes for the long term.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I tried to answer this twice and it didn't save response HMMM....well you should be encouraged that people have noticed...when you are down a whole size and have to buy new clothes you will be really encouraged...for me..this has been a tough week...hungry all the time and put on about 3 pounds although I haven't really cheated.
For me, I have made huge changes...no cheeseburgers, omlettes, bacon, suasage, pizza, fried chicken , sweets or desserts, and most of the time I do pretty well. It is not a diet...it is a change of lifestyle for survival.
How true! Small lifetime changes, that's the secret. Keep on keeping on, Ron! When I was trying hard and not loosing, my nutritionist advised me to change something to shake your body up. For instance, instead of lifting light, lift heavy or visa versa; or instead of riding the bike, ride the stepmaster; or change the items you have for breakfast. Not more calories, but different calories. Also drink tons of water, she said. This helps the body flush out the fat. Above all, don't get discouraged! You have come so far so well!!!!
Post a Comment