Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Meat as a Flavoring

My Dad sent me a book about what foods are good for losing weight. The point of the book is that it says you should have 5-6 servings complex carbs, 3 servings protein, 5-8 vegies and fruits, 3 servings fat (one teaspoon is a serving). A serving of protein is one ounce. A serving of carbs is 1/2 cup. So this book basicially agrees with the Eatingwell.com diet plan that meat is a flavoring and not the center of the meal. It is contrary to the way most Americans eat and contrary to the way I was raised. My Dad does not eat this way either, but probably found the book and sent it to me because he thinks I need to lose weight. It did not contain any information I did know. Most of the book is a listing of whole grains, vegies, and fruits and why they're good for you. I'll share more if it's interesting.

My left heal, the underside, has been bothering me. Oh goodie, a heel spur. Just what I need - something else hurting on my feet. However, my Burkenstocks shoes help. They are shoes made in Germany. They're kind of ugly, but feel wonderful. They're also expensive. I had a pair at school I was using to switch off. My heel was really hurting and I switched over to them. Fortunately they felt better. They have a formed bottom with good arch support and a cupped heal. They're purple, so my kids always notice them when I wear them.

It was very difficult to get up this morning with a nice rain going. But I did it.
We had chile for dinner. It was good.

Sue

3 comments:

GARDINI said...

I have yet to master using meat as a flavoring...that is why God gave us vanilla Beans, and chocolate and lemon...I also feel that it is my duty as a good citizen to maintain the order in the Food chain...someone needs to counteract the vegans.However, I do limit the meat to appx 4 ounces either chicken or pork chop...Hamburger maybe twice in a month.
I am getting busy preparing for my Brothers 50 th party in Florida...just booked another wedding..making Brazil preparations...and doing my daily trip to the gym.

GARDINI said...

Regarding Pleasure Basket: Here is what I would have in it....Cheeseburgers, French Fries,Fried Chicken, Cheesecake, Hot Fudge Sundae, Pizza, Onion Rings, Sauage Bacon and Cheese Omlette, Hash Browns....all of the above would be wonderful...however you now know why i gained hat I did....and what I am now NOT eating....so I guess some new Magic Tricks, Big Band CD's, etc will have to do.

Sue Saari said...

That's right take those foods out of your pleasure basket and keep only for occasional treats!