Friday, November 12, 2010

T

Well, we had conferences last night until 8:30 - what an amazing day, very long. TGIF is all I can say. It's nice to have the weekend. They fed us last night from that Italian chain. The food was just warm, Olive Garden, that's it. I usually love their huge salads with the Italian dressing with lots of garlic. No dressing with garlic last night. I put one of those little candies they give you at the end of the meal in my pocket with my keys and promptly forgot about it. Oh yes!!! Melted chocolate in my pocket - really neat. Also yesterday I was sitting on one of my stools (from Walmart - why do I ever go there, I ask you?) and it collasped to the floor with me on it. Fortunately the ragged metal didn't cut me. I'm glad it happened to me and not one of the kids. Yesh!

Cute kid statement of the day: I was explaining that JS Bach worked for a duke and a kid asked, "Is that the same as the Dukes of Hazzard?" How did he know about that old old show? And how about that culture? Great, eh?

I miss my wise cracking commentaire and hope he will return soon.

Cheers,
Sue

3 comments:

Sue Saari said...

It came out T, but I wanted to entitle this TGIF... I'm tired! To bed!

GARDINI said...

You need to know the show to understand the studeny's associative skills to whit: JS Bach worked for a Duke ....on the dukes of hazard...Daisy Duke was played by Catherine Bach... get it? Duke....Bach???

Sue Saari said...

Good one! Hey, welcome back!