Well, we passed our renewal levy, no new taxes, but at least no less.
I read in the USA Today yesterday an article about kids being able to get sweet drinks at school, that is most kids can still get them. I know our high school doesn't sell snacks because at our meeting yesterday I went searching for a healthy snack from a machine midmorning. I forgot to bring one. I usually have a bite of banana or apple or a piece of stick cheese from my refrigerator when I'm teaching. We were stuck there and were not supposed to leave. Poor planning on my part. Lunch wasn't very good either.
I am amazed at what our kids can choose at lunch. They can choose plain 2% milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, or vanilla milk.
The three flavored milks are filled with sugar. I've checked the labels. I can't stand them. Most of our kids choose one of the flavored milks, not the plain milk that I usually drink. The food is 85% processed or precooked food of some kind that the cafeteria workers warm up. I'm wondering when this happened. When I went to schools, cafeteria ladies made the food. The choice was the lunch or bringing your own. Period. Our kids can choose a soft pretzel every day or a hot dog every day if they want. The vegies and fruits are mostly from cans. If they want they can pay extra for ice cream or corn chips, every day if they wish. It's no wonder we have so many fat kids. How can they grow well on soft pretzels and strawberry milk? Yikes.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Send them to China...they will starve for lack of edible food....YUCK...Chicken Foot Soup and Sea Slug Pate....Snake Burgers and Lizard Tongue... how well I remember.
Going to FL next week will not have laptop with me so you will miss my smart comments for 5 days...
Boo-hoo! We'll miss you and your comments. Have fun in the warm.
Post a Comment