I gave Otto a bath today and he gave me the yelp. This means that he did not like the bath one bit. He doesn't hesitate to let you know when he does not like something. If you move him, he growls. If you give him a bath or hold him when he doesn't want to be bathed or held, he yelps. All in all, he's an amazing force for 19.5 years old. He likes the regular "normal" routine. Anything that deviates from the normal routine he has his way of protesting. All the snack times he knows and expects as part of this routine.
Today we put the pond to bed for the winter, taking out and composting the tropical plants and putting a cover over top to keep out the debris over the winter. I shall miss the pleasant sound of my little fountain burbling away. I like to hear it as I go to sleep. I love the sound of water flowing. It is a peaceful sound for me. There was ice on it, so it wasn't a moment too soon.
I also fixed a pot of chile which we ate for dinner. I then froze the rest for other times when we don't feel like cooking. It turned out good.
Everyone made it back home safely.
Tomorrow it's up at 5:30 to workout and back to school to start the preparations for the Holiday Assembly on the 22nd. Eek!
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Otto and I are kindred spirits...I totally relate.
RSG found an indoor gurgling fountain that she just loves I think it has 3 tiers of gurgle...totally portable and works well inside.
I noticed the "Royal" we regarding the Pond..I am sure that Bob just loves doing that....well before I yelp it is my scheduled time to go to sleep...G Night
He totally did the heavy lifting, literally, that I very much appreciated. He had to shovel ice laden zapped plants out. I was so happy to get it put to bed. The fish go to the bottom and kind of hibernate. I don't put a heater in there, but they all make it through the winter with the cover on top.
Post a Comment