I had lots of fun and the meal turned out really great. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner! All the parts were really good. My Dad and Bob were both eating and raving about how good it was. Special highlights were the turkey with stuffing and gravy (I did not use the turkey drippings). My favorite was the turkey and the cranberry conserve. It was a special Ina Garten recipe, actually the entire meal was. Cranberry sauce with the volume turned up as she says. I added a Granny Smith apple, lemon and orange zest and juice, and chopped pecans. Yum. Even my pies turned out good.
OK... NOW BACK ON IT! Back to regular healthy eating, back to good exercise, back on it! It has been raining for two days, NO KIDDING! so there weren't any walks today either, just eating and watching football and talking.
It was a very nice visit. My dad wants to leave tomorrow, but he'll go back and stay in West Virginia overnight and make the rest of the trip on Saturday. This is good. He is going to wait and leave later in the morning.
I had nice chats with my brother and sister too.
And a nice time was had by all,
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
RSG turned out a larruping good meal....here stuffing was outrageous....we fed a total of 9 and had a great afternoon playing QUELF an indesribable game full of laughs and fun for everyone...all 9 of us played ...after Piazza and wings for supper, the house got quiet...and was time to reflect on how thankful we are for our kids and their families....3 grandkids straight A's on the Honor Roll....and Jedi the dog...got the last of the turkey....all was had by a good time...NOW...boys and girls, time to step up and slim down...FOR REAL
You aren't kidding!
Post a Comment