Sisu is a Finnish word that means guts, or determination, doing something and not giving up even if it's difficult. This is what you have to have to get healthy. There are many temptations leading you away from the healthy pathways. You have to have sisu to keep going even when you don't feel like it.
I had an excellent observation today. I have discovered a good system for managing the kids and apparently it is working much better to the point where we all can have some fun. When they mess up, there are consequences and we go on. So... three out of four hard days done. One more long day to go - tomorrow with conferences until late. Then it's Friday and next week we only have two days. Then there is a nice Thanksgiving break that I will be giving thanks for.
I found out today that my dad has received the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award!! Their procedure is that he will be presented with the award at one of the safety seminars that will happen mid December in his local area (Philly). I am thinking that we will go visit the Wright B and take his picture in front of it before he goes back to Delaware and have our own little ceremony.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yup....SISU... It ain't easy...but necessary.
I am back on track and being good...why does it take longer to lose than put it on?
Visa to Brazil on Fedex truck...another step in the process...airfare has been purchased...I really am going to do this....am I Nuts? After all, Brazil is where the "nuts" come from...
POOF!
Gardini
Post a Comment