Saturday, November 6, 2010

Change the Clocks

What a concept! I'd like to be able to put in an hour sometime when I really need an extra hour instead of tonight. I will mourn loss of the daylight in the afternoon.

I read in the USA Today that having overweight friends make it more likely you will be overweight. They just keep coming up with such good news in the paper, don't they?

I picked up two 20 lb bags of bird seed today at the Bird Store. With one at each arm you can feel what 40 pounds really feels like. That's how much I want to lose. Wow! What a load!

I went shopping at Dorothy Lane and got a bunch of healthy stuff. They had beautiful pears and apples. I got some swordfish for tomorrow. I'm going to make some lentil soup with French lentils.

I also got out my netti pot. It made a wondrous difference in my nasal passages. I don't understand why more people don't know about it. No drugs, just blessed relief with clear nostrils. It looks like a little tea pot, but you fill it with warm water and saline solution. While you put your head in the sink, you pour it in one nostril and the water flows out the other. A bit awkward, but the results are great.

OK, I'm going to get my extra hour of sleep now.
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

You got me this time...I can only picture you pouring hot tea down your nostril and thinking...this is something only the Chinese could come up with...you should never have gone to Guangzhou...what you left out (thank you very much) is that there is an empty pot under the other nostril which collects the "freshly seasoned" saline solution which is then used as clear stock for birds head soup....ahhh those Chinese.

Sue Saari said...

Eeww! That's grose! My German friends know about it too.