Saturday, July 24, 2010

Out to Dinner for Less

We went out to dinner last night and we had our cocktail before we left. That's the way my brother does it to save money. It worked ok. Dinner was a lot less without paying for drinks. I think restaurants make a lot on that booze. I ordered a club sandwich with sweet potato fries. I only ate half my meal and brought the rest home. Two meals for the price of one! I was totally happy too, not deprived. Most restaurants serve far too much. I'd rather they served half the portion size for half the money. Some restaurants serve half the size for the same price or more. These are usually the better restaurants, I've found. We went to this little dive in town here. We enjoy that place. It has all the locals and hence a lot of interesting faces to make up stories about. We enjoy trying to figure out a person's story from their face and demeanor, or at least I do. I feel sure I have at least 8-10 books in me based on all the faces I've seen. But that's another blog.

I was outside gardening before it got too hot. We had 95 yesterday with high humidity and it's supposed to be hotter today. Yikes! The sweating is unbelievable. I'm watering the tomatoes and Bob complained about the money it costs. I only had the water on for about 1/2 hour. I use soaker hoses, so it goes in very slowly and just where you want it too.

I had a very good sleep last night, so I feel pretty good today.

Stay cool,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

OK...I couldn't stand not facing the music...so i went to the Gym at 7:00 a.m. and left at 7;30 to weigh in. I knew without a doubt that I was up 2 pounds. When what to my wondering eyes should appear, a smile on the face of the lady, so dear...the one who records my weight...I got a sticker in my book because I lost .4 pounds. I smiled the rest of the hot day.

Sue Saari said...

Wowee!!!!! I am so proud of you!! Yippee!