Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spin Class with Weights

I just got back from Spin Class with Weights. It's a great workout. I feel like I did something. I'm working on my core to get it stronger. Also, I want to increase my metabolism to burn more calories.

I fixed the first dinner in the Eatingwell.com diet. It was shrimp and vegies with Indian spices over couscous. I wonder how many people have made this dish. It was runny, almost like soup. It tasted ok to me, but Bob hated it. He only ate a bit. It wasn't my favorite, but I didn't think it was too bad. Oh well. Tonight I fix crab cakes with fresh corn. I'm sure he'll like these. I said I'd give this diet a 3-day try. There's a lot of preparation to the meals, at least there was at dinner. I don't mind the preparation, if the meal is really good. This one wasn't. We'll see how the crab cakes are. I have some fresh Old Bay to use that I brought back.

I brought back a bit of sun poisoning too, or heat rash. I used sunscreen and sat under the umbrella the entire time except for the time I was in the ocean. I think the sun is stronger now. My rash is much better today, almost gone in fact. I never got that before in all my years going to the beach and being in the sun. Weird.

It's raining today and VERY humid outside, but at least the temperature isn't in the 90s. I hear we're supposed to have 4 days in the 90s in a row at the end of this week. Oh boy, I can't wait!

Have a good one,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

I have started weighing daily. I think it helps to keep me on track, and prepares me for the dreaded Saturday a.m. weigh in at Weight Watchers.

Indian spices over couscous? are you kidding me??? That is painfull. Perhaps being a bit more selective, like a NY Strip and baked potato and salad would be more palatable. My experience with these "eat well" menus has been unpleasant. the only way I lose on those is to not eat or throw up after trying the "healthy recipe".
Portion control, no sugar, no flour, steel cut oats for oatmeal, soup with original triscuts works for me.
Indian spices over couscous??? Poor Bob. I hope this experiment passes quickly, for his sake.

Sue Saari said...

Ha, ha... very funny. I really worked hard on that meal too. It had all good stuff in it. He loved the crab cakes last night. Tonight we get pork chops with brown rice. He's not suffering too much!