Last night I went to a picnic for a gardening group I'm in. It was outside, but surprisingly pleasant. I focused on the people there and got to talking to one person about geneology. It turns out she's really into it. She shared some of her family stories and I shared some of mine. She had her daughter with her who I enjoyed getting to know. I had one of her other kids in class, so we had that in common too. The food was not the focus which is as it should be. I had little tastes of all the salads and took the skin off the fried chicken. I also took little bits of several desserts, but only ate a bite of each one even though they were really good. I came home and told Bob. He didn't quite give me the kudos I wanted. This was a very big deal for me not to finish those sweets. I LOVE sweets. But I was satisfied. Cool, eh? I think these kinds of choices are the secret to getting healthy and staying healthy.
To health!
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If it works, the scales will let you know. Weight Watchers cautions against BLT's (Bites,licks, tastes)
Now, NOBODY likes sweets better than I. Unfortunately, one bite and I am "off the wagon" and could eat my weight in chocolate cake.
The no sugar, no white flour regimen will eliminate the craving for sweets, and I don't dare take a bite and destroy all that I have accomplished.
If it works for you, great. It doesn't work for me; been there, done that....same with Pizza, french fries, and fried chicken.
Also, one time will probably not affect your weekly gain or loss, but the "it's ok, I did it the other night and didn't gain" will get you. It is cumulative.
Finally, by giving in to sweets, it will take that much longer to reach your goal.
I am talking to myself, not preaching to you, but allowing you to overhear my resolve.
ONLY THE SCALE KNOWS THE TRUTH !!!
I am so with you!
My goal is to discover eating practices that I can live with for a lifetime. I don't just want to loose weight, but I want to change my eating habits forever. I have lost weight and gained it back many times. When I have gained it back, I have always gained back more than I lost when I lost it. I am resolved NOT to do this ever again. I am making small permanent changes that I am happy with for the rest of the my life. I am looking long term, not short term.
Post a Comment