Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kinds of Yoga

Our Y now has a version of yoga that's exercise yoga, all the moves of yoga with none of the breathing and meditation. I think of it as yoga without the heart. They did this, I believe, because hatha (traditional) yoga was too spiritual. The Y is a Christian organization. I miss the real yoga classes. We had a fantastic instructor, Eva, who was really great. Every time I take the class now, I try to do the breathing anyway, but they move in and out of the postures too quickly for me. I like to find a posture and hold it there, not moving up and down like a yoyo. Maybe I could get a DVD and try to use that. I can't see spending the money extra when we have the facility over there, the largest Y in the country (no kidding). What kinds of yoga do you like? Have you tried it? If not, it's wonderful and I recommend it highly.

Sue

1 comment:

gardini said...

the only kind I ;ike is the soft frozen that is similar to dairy queen ice cream,but cant have any now because of diet...