I stole this from my WW meeting.
Pick a vegetable. Decide what to do with it, like stuff it, saute it, cut it up.
Add a power food like fruit, greens, other veggies that go with it.
Add a whole grain (NOT white flour based).
Add a protein. What are you going to do with it?
Add a healthy fat.
Don't forget the herbs, spices, condiments.
Assemble.
Notice that the meal is NOT built around meat, but around the veggies. This is how you stay healthy for life, by focusing on the veggies and fruits, the power foods. I like this. So when somebody says, "what are you having for dinner?" You say, "eggplant, tomatoes, with some wild rice/quinoa/whole grain pasta, cheese." Or something that does not focus on the meat. Half the plate is veggies and fruit. Wild, eh? What do you think?
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think that nothing can take the place of a New York Strip Steak done medium !!!!
Post a Comment