OK, I need hints from everybody as to how to stay focused on the health plan despite the change of schedule. Please, help.
Sue
1 comment:
Gardini
said...
Your question contains the answer...FOCUS Or call it your daily top priority....it has been my experienc that following the weight loss/health plan is 90% mental discipline and 10% physical...think about it...you can determine to stick to it...so when you plan your day you plan your food...start your day by getting exercise out of the way...just do it without thinking about it...let your food/diet exercise plan become a habit...the other day we went to Allentown to see my son...half way there we stopped for a "comfort" break...when I returned to the car from the convenience store I remarked to RSG that normally we would have gotten some peanut butter crackers and a diet pepsi....this time I walked out without even thinking about a snack...we broke one bad habit by replacing it with a good habit...in my mind i was telling myself, "you could have that snack if you wanted to, but it will cost you on the scale tomorrow" and I wasn't willing to suffer the consequences...so you see it is 90% mental...picture your goal, chart your weight daily and watch it go down...seeing it in print will reinforce your progress..I keep my chart on the refrigerator door...so I can see every time I open that door the progress that I have made...and I am not willing to pay the price tomorrow for a compromise today...Hope This Helps
1 comment:
Your question contains the answer...FOCUS
Or call it your daily top priority....it has been my experienc that following the weight loss/health plan is 90% mental discipline and 10% physical...think about it...you can determine to stick to it...so when you plan your day you plan your food...start your day by getting exercise out of the way...just do it without thinking about it...let your food/diet exercise plan become a habit...the other day we went to Allentown to see my son...half way there we stopped for a "comfort" break...when I returned to the car from the convenience store I remarked to RSG that normally we would have gotten some peanut butter crackers and a diet pepsi....this time I walked out without even thinking about a snack...we broke one bad habit by replacing it with a good habit...in my mind i was telling myself, "you could have that snack if you wanted to, but it will cost you on the scale tomorrow" and I wasn't willing to suffer the consequences...so you see it is 90% mental...picture your goal, chart your weight daily and watch it go down...seeing it in print will reinforce your progress..I keep my chart on the refrigerator door...so I can see every time I open that door the progress that I have made...and I am not willing to pay the price tomorrow for a compromise today...Hope This Helps
Post a Comment