Tuesday, August 9, 2011

a bit of a back-slide

Well, I gained a lb last week. I was expecting it to be worse. I did a lot of snacking and not much sleeping. I tried to move, walk, etc. but mostly I sat all day and used my brain. OK, back on it now. I went to the meeting this morning and got inspired again. There was a woman who had just reached the 30 lb mark. Did she ever feel good about herself. We talked about what your plate should look like: 1/4 protein, 1/4 grains, 1/2 veggies and fruit with veggies making up a bit more than fruit. Good plan! I find I am drinking less milk, but I still have cheese and cottage cheese.

Hope you're doing well,
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

One thing about weight loss that is important is to look at the long term .....over the last ten days I have lost 7.4 pounds....this morniing I gained 1 lb....for no reason....havent cheated...followed plan exactly.....could be water retention...who knows....but this is where looking at the long term is important....1 pound one day is not the story but can be discouraging...easy to think why am I doing all this and then gain...but the end game is over 3 years 84 pounds....so we continue ....just keep doing what you know you should do and it will be OK

Sue Saari said...

Thanks for the pep talk. You are absolutely correct in looking at the long term and keep going.