Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fresh Air

Well, I sure got some today. I did quite a bit of yard work: opened my pond and put the little pump in. Low and behold, all my little fish made it through the winter and they had babies. There were lots of little fish too. The chemistry is in really good shape, I don't think I'll get an algae burst this year. I also cut down the big grasses in the back and cleaned out my bird houses, the ones for the house wrens. I love them. Last year we had wrens nesting in both boxes. I hope they come back this year. I love their song, a long warble. It's unmistakable. I also picked a few dandelions and weeded around the porch and one of our ash trees, pulling up honeysuckle seedlings. It's quite taken over every bit of woodland around here. Bad stuff. At least I can keep it out of my yard. I fixed Bob a nice dinner: pork loin and roasted vegies, lots of them. I guess I'm feeling better and my cold is on the wane.

Sue

1 comment:

Gardini said...

I just got very tired reading what you did...think I will take a nap