Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Be Nice

Do something nice for yourself and do something nice for someone else. If you have a favorite charity, do something for them. One of my favorites is Last Chance Corral. It's in Athens and run by a woman who sank all her savings into buying a small ranch/farm (12 acres). She takes in horses nobody else wants, brings them to health, and finds them new homes. She saves foals from the racing industry (don't ask how that happens). I visited her farm once. She does an amazing job, especially this time of year when she brings a bunch of babies home that don't have mothers. She is able to save many of them. I think it's neat what she does. I send a bit of money once in a while, not much. But I like helping her even in a small way. It makes you happy to help.

Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

We support several different Charitable Organizations as well as our local Churches , Volunteer Fire and Ambulance departments, and classical FM Radio station. This year it amounted to 18% of our gross income....not saying this to be praised,,,,we feel that the charitable organizations that we support can use it better than the Federal Government...I know this is always a very personal matter,,,,just sharing how we view that issue...not saying anyone else should do that...it simply is right for us.
BTW: I am on a losing streak this week>>>>>FINALLY!

Sue Saari said...

Wow, good for you on both counts. Buon notte.