I went to an Earth Day celebration today at Marvin's Gardens, a local nursery that follows the organic practice and grows many of their own plants. I had visited a couple weeks ago and what a transformation. They place looked great and the plants looked wonderful. They had many booths and tables set up with organic services and organizations of various kinds. It really made me feel good to see that there are actually people in this area that care about organic local growing and eating like I do. I am not alone. Hip, hip, horray. Then I went shopping at Dorothy Lane Market, my favorite supermarket that specializes in organic produce, meat and fish without antibiotics (animals raised humanely, fed grass, etc), organic cheeses, fresh baked breads, great wines, and lots of gourmet products. What a pleasure it is to shop there. We get our vitamins and supplements there too. Good stuff! I got this gorgeous looking swordfish that I'm going to fix us for our Easter dinner tomorrow. We had some chicken and challuh for dinner tonight. It was a nice day. I actually got an Essi walk in between storms. We're still getting rain and thunderstorms. The back yard is mushy.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sunday evening....played 2 Services this morning, family dinner and then a nap...another milestone for 2011 has been reached 1/3 of the year is gone...where does the time go? The older you get the faster it goes...life is like a ball rolling down a steep hill....sometimes an unexpected rut...or tree branch manages to slow things down...but life is a downhill battle..
On to next week.....
Post a Comment