Monday, June 21, 2010

Progress

I'm starting to notice a difference, however slight, in my fitness. The workouts are starting to pay off. I feel a lot better and am sleeping better. I am doing a lot of sweating and drinking more water. So far I've been doing 2 weight sessions/week, 3 bikes (two classes and once by myself), walking Essi 4-5 times a week, gardening every day for at least 2 hours, and now some swimming. I swam Saturday and Sunday. My feet are hurting, but not more than they always hurt. So I figure what the heck.

Bob and I went to an opera gala Saturday night. Denyce Graves was singing in it and we wanted to support/hear her. They had the gala in Music Hall in Cincinnati. We paid quite a bit for the tickets in the balcony. I sure don't know why people revere that place so much around here. It is without a doubt the most uncomfortable place to hear a concert that I have ever been in. And I've been in quite a few concert halls. The acoustics aren't even so good, at least from our spot underneath the top level. There are poles in the way. My knees were smashed against the seat in front of me. I could not move my feet at all. It was just horrible, so horrible in fact that it was difficult to enjoy the performances. Bob and I made a vow we will never sit in the balcony in that place ever again. They were talking about a "renewal." They need to gut the insides and start over. It was built in 1873. People back then must have been teeny tiny. Yikes! I was looking forward to it and didn't enjoy it at all.

It is hot hot hot - summer time hot and humid. This morning it is nice. I will walk Essi before it gets too bad.

Cheers,
Sue

1 comment:

Gardini said...

Interesting that you mentioned the seat issue. The Fulton Opera House in Lancaster Pa is purported to be the oldest functioning Opera House in the U.S. Several years ago it underwent an 8 million $ renovation and it is stunning inside. One of the items changed, was the size of the seats. Indeed, people in the mid 1800's were not as "well fed".

Your exercise is really going well. It will help burn off some calories. When I learned that it takes an hour of walking 4 MPH to burn off a tablespoon of butter, I knew that I could never exercise my way to become a babe magnet. However, decreasing calories, limiting to excluding sugar and flour products, made a huge difference.
Keep on Keeping On.
Gardini