Sunday, June 27, 2010

Humidity

It sure is humid outside and the temperature is about 90 too. Yikes! We walked Essi this morning and it felt like you were walking through water. The air is thick.

I brought home a treat from Dorothy Lane Market yesterday. It was called French Cream Coffee Cake. Lethal! It was kind of like a croissant with creme fresche inside. I think it's ok to have a treat once in a while. The problem is that having a treat can undo a week's worth of work! It just isn't fair. But who says life is fair anyway, it isn't. The thing is to get right back on it and not use that one treat as an excuse to keep blowing your diet.

We watched Julie and Julia last night. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It's fantastic! It's a real feel good movie, the sweet kind that I like.

Happy Sunday,
Sue

1 comment:

Gardini said...

TREATS !!!! Yikes yourself....I learned from my nutritionist at Universal, that it takes ONE HOUR walking at a pace of 4MPH to burn up a tablespoon of butter. Consequently, I have given up toast, "cuz it aint good without butter" and I dont need the white flour.

However, you are correct about not giving up. I had a gain this past week. My earlier reaction would have been, "Okay, I can't do it... I failed, so let's go get some Pizza."

Now, it is so much more than that. I have changed my lifestyle which eliminates those foods that caused me weight gain, dangerous blood pressure, high cholesterol. So, with my 2 pound gain this past week, I simply recognize that it is a bump in the road on this journey through life. However, it is behind me and I am losing 2 this week.
P.S. I didn't even have a treat to blame it on..I think portion control was not my friend.

Onward...