I did yoga yesterday. She did a lot of strength moves, difficult for me. Plus she likes what I call the "pretzel postures." These are done with bent legs, arms, etc. It was ok. I love yoga - the breathing, holding the postures, the philosophy. It quiets my mind at least for a time. It feels very healing to me. I haven't done a class for a while, so I have to start back at the beginning. Same with the cycle spin class. That's ok. I notice some improvement this week in the "sits area." This is good.
The eating department - I'm doing ok. I'd like to kick it up a notch. I made us a great chicken salad last night with garden lettuce, grilled organic chicken (YES, there is a difference), sunflower seeds, and peas with edible pods. Yum. If I wanted to go all the way I would have made the salad dressing. I used Paul Newman Ranch, which is pretty good for store bought dressing.
I like to watch Ina Garten cook. She is the Barefoot Contessa. It is so relaxing to watch her prepare food. She has this wonderful manner in front of the camera like she is talking to her friends. She has a huge garden including many herbs which she uses in her cooking. Fresh herbs are so good for you. They are very high in anti-oxidants and make the food taste good (to cut back on salt). I have dill in my garden coming out the wazoo. Plus I have a couple small green tomatoes now. I can't wait for tomatoes from the garden!!
What's this? The rain is easing off. Good! Maybe I can go out and so some planting. I still have some plants to get in.
Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend,
Sue
No comments:
Post a Comment