Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Going On - A New Start

I'm back from Mother's funeral. It was a loving tribute to her life. Family, related and church and friends, gathered round to remember her and say good-bye. It was difficult not having her there in all the gatherings and talks and meals. And so, a page has been turned to a new chapter for all of us. She is going to her eternal reward and her spirit lives on. I'm sure of it. She lives on with God and she lives on in our hearts.

Weight-wise, I didn't do too well the last week. I gained a pound, but today I am going to workout in a few minutes!!!!! I am so excited to be able to go to the Y and start the process of getting back in shape. Then, I'm going into the yard to work and get lost.

Yesterday was our last teacher day. I worked hard on my room. It was kind of good to get involved in that. It took my mind off, at least for a time, the events of the past 10 days.

I hope you all are making progress. I am looking forward to the next few weeks and the time to relax, workout, garden, and being with Essi, Otto, and Bob.

Sue

3 comments:

Sue Saari said...

It wasn't 5:41 AM when I posted this, but 8:52 AM. Weird.

Gardini said...

Glad you are back blogging....I missed you.
You really must give no flour no sugar a fair try..I have lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Dr appt yesterday found me " on the numbers" and he was very pleased. So....give it a try...get some Ezekial bread for toast, use eggbeaters etc YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!
Gardini

Sue Saari said...

I can give up flour and sugar, but not whole grains. And I love eggs. I can't believe they are bad for you. I can give up all meat, but I love bacon. I only have it once a week and I eat the humane bacon from animals they don't torture and give junk to them to eat.