Now for the weather report... :) ... It is delightful. We're having a humidity break of a couple days.
I tackled my back bed yesterday afternoon pulling weeds. I have honeysuckle SEEDLINGS, mind you, that are 2 feet high. This is the scurge of not only my garden but all our woods around here. The nonnative honeysuckle bushes have just about crowded out all the native scrubs and wildflowers, unless there is someone to police it and pull those suckers out! I must pull out hundreds of seedlings every year. The birds eat the seed and poop it all over the place. They must not get much nutrition from the berries because they come through in tact, if you know what I mean. Poison ivy is spread the same way. More stuff that has been growing like, well, weeds is: wild grape vines, gill-over-the-ground (I HATE that stuff), morning glory vines, hops (I actually planted this and wish I hadn't) vines, Virginia creeper (its leaves and vines are so abrasive that even sliding it down your arm causes scratches). I wasn't able to get out there early in the spring, so that's what I get.
Now to my spin class with weights,
Sue
2 comments:
I got extra exercise today, just reading about those xf@#$^% WEEDS. Made me exhausted thinking about how I would get out of weeding....here's an idea ...Brenemann's landscaping ....5 guys...6 hours...VOILA...ready for the Ephrata Garden Club...incidentally...they never showed up this morning and I am so happy that they didn't.
Now, about unanticipated weight gain: It sneaks up and get's you when you least expect it....not always a result of your being good or bad. Sometimes there is fluid retention...other times it is just being mean. I do know that plateaus are miserable; however...when you are on a plateau your body may be adjusting. I had a 5 week plateau and when by accident I checked my waist...I discovered that I had lost 4 inches. Weight gain is not failure, it is a warning to be diligent.
With that, i am off to the gym.
Toodles,
Gardini
You have a great attitude, Ron. We both are proud of you. Just think back a couple years - would you have been off to the gym? You would probably have laughed. Good for you!!!!
Post a Comment