My mind has cleared to the point that I can make a list of what I want to do this summer. Yesterday I took a blog day off and made lists instead. Also, my network was acting up. It seems to be better now.
I weighed again this morning (you're not supposed to do this - once a week only) and I was down a couple more tenths. This is good.
Here's a question for you - what does it seem to come on so much faster than it comes off? I guess you have to be patient.
Hope the sun is shining on you today,
Sue
2 comments:
I seem to recall that 3500 Calories = one pound. A Bob Evans Breakfast, Ham and Cheese Omlette, 2 slices of toas, potatos=945 calories. A tuna sandwich = 583
You can see how easy it is to reach that 3500 in a couple of days, but the rate of calorie burn off is related to your metabolism, possibly underactive thyroid, amount of activity etc. here is a startling fact: It takes one hour walking at 4 MPH to burn off one tablespoon of butter. That would also increase the calories of a slice of toast. OR: 1 cup of mayonaisse = 49 Weight Watchers points.
So the message is, that it is easy to not know how many calories are going in, and even more difficult to understand the burn rate. There is a machine ay my Gym called the Body gem. You breathe into it, and it calculates the speed at which your metabolism is functioning. I think that may be my next step. Exercise is not enough, wise daily calorie spending is even more important.
Keep ON !!!!
Yes, you are right about how both is important. The exercise is what raises the metabolism so you can burn more. But the eating is very important. Yesh!!! It's shocking when you put it that way - one hour of walking to burn only ONE tablespoon of butter. I'm doing better on eating too. I wish we had that machine at our Y to see what speed your metabolism is going.
Post a Comment