Thursday, June 24, 2010

Artichokes

Marvin Gardens gave me a tree to plant in my mother's honor. I got it in yesterday and it looks really good in a new little bed with Bill Johannes' daylilies and some other small plants I got earlier in the season.

We continue to have hotter than normal temperatures and rain every day. My tomatoes love this weather. They are going wild.

Artichokes are good for you. Try this. Cut artichoke in half, steam for 30 minutes, and use spoon to remove "heart." That's a recipe from Lisa. She swears by artichokes because they have all kinds of great things for you that help your immune system, etc.

Now I'm going over to do my spin class with weights. What new torture will she think of this time? Ha!

Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

I cannot look an artichoke in the eye. (Emphasis on CHOKE) Would be possible with a Pepperoni Pizza Chaser, but that defeats the entire concept of WW points. I think Lisa is mean spirited !!! Off to Universal, today is 4 miles on bike and walking on indoor track. It is the only way I can survive the heat, and without hills to navigate, I am very slowly increasing my walking pace.

Sue Saari said...

Talking hills - have we got them around here. Our street has a steep one that practically kills me to walk up. I'm taking Essi out there in a minute.