Thursday, January 6, 2011

Renewing the Basics

Here are some hints from USAToday and Eatingwell.com

Have about 350 calories for each meal and 3 snacks of about 200 cals each.
Eat whole grains, not refined flour or sugar.
Drink your water.
Use plenty of spices and herbs and less salt.
Grill instead of fry.
Use lemon for zest (use the zest too).
Choose fresh vegies, make them organic for more flavor.
Make sure you get 30 minutes of exercise per day; you must sweat.
Eat beans at least 3 times a week.
No high fructose sugar (it's incidious; check the ingrediant list - they add it to everything.
Pet your dog for stress.
Add to your pleasure basket - non food items, please.
Make some hearty soups (without the cream) and eat all you want.
Go for a walk in the snow.

Tough week this week, lots of stress with house and work. Everything's ok and it's silly to worry.

Cheers,
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

I have been eating salad and either chicken breast or a pork chop grilled....drinking water...exercising and staying away from white flour and sugar...no potatoes or corn...and I am losing,,,significantly enough that I will keep up this regimen until I leave for Brazil...dont know what food situation is up there in RIO but when i return I am back at it....
Nice to see you blogging again...LET'S DO IT...pounds away

Sue Saari said...

OK, it's a deal.