Friday, January 14, 2011

Cure for the Blues

Got to work on the pleasure basket and put some nice things in there. Here are some (with help from Martha Stewart magazine, because Martha knows.... ?) Some are mine.

Curl up with that book you've been meaning to read.
Put some oils or bubble bath in a tub and take a nice soak. (They say this isn't too great for your skin in the winter, but it feels so good)
Pot up some spring bulbs or a amaryllis. I have one blooming right now that a friend gave me for Christmas. It sure is pretty.
Stretch out your neck. Gently tilt your head right, left, and to your chest and hold a few seconds. Good after working at your desk on the computer. Good for tension too.
Eat a banana or other potassium rich food (baked potato, beans, greens). Helps your body flush out excess sodium.
Take a walk in the snow. Dress warm.
Wash your hands. Keep the suds on at least 20 seconds DON'T use antibacterial soap. It kills the good bacteria too.
Call up a friend you haven't seen in a while, not an acquaintance, a friend.
Watch a good tear-jerker movie, gets it out!
Figure out your next vacation. Do some research and just think about those sunny beaches (Yes, you guessed where I'd like to go)
Get some extra sleep. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I go to sleep. Always helps.
Play with your dog. Essi has brought me her toys all day. She is so cute. I love her so. Oh, and get those doggie kisses.
Have red wine and chocolate. OK, I know this is a controversial one.
Play the piano FOR FUN, not something you have to practice, but something just for fun.

Any others????
Sue

3 comments:

Sue Saari said...

I forgot an important one. Take some deep long breaths. Innnnnnn, then Ouuuuuuut. If you can meditate. Does wonders.

Gardini said...

I don't kow about all that stuff...I much prefer to watch reruns of Archie Bunker and Matlock....works for me

Sue Saari said...

I like reruns of Star Trek the Next Generation.